No Service

Thursday, August 20, 2015

While Ex-L takes the kiddos out of town for Labor Day weekend, I made plans. Yep - you heard right. I'll be headed out of town too! I'm excited and nervous (and a wee bit sad just because I won't see my babies for 4 days)! I'll be headed to Michigan for a weekend of friends, booze and sunshine! Hopefully the weather holds out. There will be about 20 of us going and hanging out at a friend's house. It's much needed girl-time and social time and me time...all wrapped into one. Glorious!

Because I won't see my kids for 4 days I asked if I can be sent a picture here and there just to know they're ok. Ex-L said sure and then said we could even Skype, but I wasn't sure if I'd have cell service. She then asked if I was going to some third world country. <insert eyeroll> I'm not sure what happened (ok, maybe it was the cheating and request for divorce) but I kind of just went off. I know that I'm all over the place in the "stages of grief" but feel empty a lot lately, and when I'm not empty I'm mostly super angry. I rarely cry much any more ... but I am sleeping a lot and pissed. Soooo there's that. It doesn't help that the person I'm angry at constantly fuels my anger and knows just how to do it, too. To say we're extremely toxic for each other is a gross understatement. She brings out the worst in me.

I'm still counting down the days until I can move. Twenty-seven!!!! I should stock up on some wine now ... I'm sure I'll have a super sad time moving but I just know that I'll have the chance to move on and mind my business and not be consumed by her. It's sad when you're yearning for that type of release.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS